Xero Plugin: Extract Bank Transactions to Database
This sample extracts bank transactions from Xero and imports in a SqlServer Database.
To run this example and get results, make sure you’ve set up a Company in Xero containing Contacts, Invoices and Bank transactions. Refer to our Xero guide for instructions on connecting Linx and Xero.
- Create an application on your Xero account. View guide for instructions.
- Create the BankTransactionsTable in a database of your choice.
- Unzip the sample file and open the Lsoz file with Linx.
- Click on the Settings button in the Linx Designer toolbar.
- Change the Settings to reflect your file system, database connection and Xero credentials; (if you need help with the database connection string, have a look at this help topic).
- Run the included BankTransactionsTable.sql script that creates the “BankTransactions” table.
- Click the Debug button and Start the debug to run the Process.
Automate your solution: Add your process to a Timer Service
To automate this process, you need to
- Add a Linx Service (from the Linx Designer toolbar) to your solution / project.
- Drag your process into the Timer Event (!). When the event fires, it will run your process.
- Set up the days / times when the event will fire in the Timer properties.
- Deploy the solution to a server.
- Browse to the server and Start the Timer Service.