DBBulkCopy allows you to efficiently copy a large number of rows to a table in a SQL Server or Oracle database.
The type of database driver to use to connect to the database.
The supported driver types:
The connection string that specifies how to connect to the database.
The timeout value in seconds. 0 indicates the bulk copy operation will wait indefinitely.
The name of the destination table.
Click on the ... icon to open the Editor.
The number of rows to collect in a transaction before it is committed to the server.
Suppose you have a CSV text file with many records that need to be loaded into a database table. Using the DbBulkCopy function as shown below will run much quicker than doing it using the more generic ExecuteSQL function.
- From the Database plugin, drag the DBBulkCopy function onto the design canvas.
- Set the DBBulkCopy properties (see above for details).
- From the File plugin, drag the TextFileRead function onto the design canvas (nested below your DBBulkCopy function).
- Set the TextFileRead properties to read all the rows from the source file that you want to copy across to your destination database.
- From the Linx plugin, drag the SetValue function onto the design canvas (nested below the TextFileRead function).
- Set the Target property of the SetValue function to
- Then click the Set Fields editor button next to the Source property to assign the values to the table's columns.