Overview of the File plugin
The File plugin contains functions that can be used when working with files:
- BinaryFileRead: To read binary files into memory for use.
- BinaryFileWrite: To write binary files.
- CreateTempFile: To create a uniquely named, zero-byte temporary file on disk.
- DirectoryCopy: To copy a directory.
- DirectoryCreate: To create a directory.
- DirectoryDelete: To delete a directory.
- DirectoryExists: To check for the existence of a directory.
- DirectoryList: To return a list of directories in a specified directory path.
- DirectoryMove: To move a directory.
- FileCopy: To copy a file.
- FileDelete: To delete a file.
- FileExists: To check for the existence of a file.
- FileList: To return a list of files from a folder.
- FileMove: To move a file.
- FileOpen: To keep a file open for speeding up large numbers of write operations.
- Robocopy: Using the Windows Robocopy command to copy, mirror or move files or directories.
- TextFileRead: To read delimited files, such as CSV files.
- TextFileWrite: To write content to a text file (including CSV files).
The File plugin also contains the DirectoryWatch service, which can be used to watch a directory for file changes, creations, renaming and deletions.