Parse XML File
This sample parses an XML file and inserts new orders into the Northwind database. You can get sample Northwind databases here.
This Linx Solution uses the Xml, Database, and Utilities plugins.
To run the sample
- Open the ParseXMLFile solution.
- Click on the Settings button.
- On the Settings tab change the values of the Settings to suit your environment (if you need help with the database connection string, have a look at this help topic).
- Open the sample Process you want to run from the Solution Explorer pane on the left.
- Click the Debug or Run buttons to run the Process.
How it works
There are three processes:
Parses the XML file using the XmlReader function and inserts the records into the database.
Writes the imported orders to an XML file using the XmlWriter function to check that the import succeeded.
Deletes the imported orders.